No matter which gaming console you’re using, you’ll always be needing more games. PlayStation 4 console isn’t exceptional, new games are launched every year and also new series from previous games are also released, and users always have the urge to download new released games. Exclusive PS4 games come at a cost, if you can afford them, fine.
With only $10 PSN cards you can buy a game of your choice, most of them cost more than $10 though, but some users can’t afford to buy cheap $10 games, and they’ll be surfing around to find free options, either free games or find a way to download premium cracked games for free.
We’re not saying you can always get any game for free, but most of them can be downloaded for free. If you also like you can do gameshare with friends where they give you access to all their digital library collection.
All they have to do is sign into their account using your console and that account is set as their primary account, then you’ll be able to download all their game collection which will be listed. But in this article we’ll focus on how to download free games and without the need to make changes to your console.
What you need is PSN account, you can register for free, it gives you access to Sony’s online services where you can browse free collection of games and also can enjoy free demos on premium games. If you also want to get access to premium games for free you should sign up for the PlayStation Plus membership where you can get access to paid games absolutely free.
It costs less than 10 euros, that’s not much and you can enjoy a lot of games for free. So let’s take a look at how to download free games on PlayStation 4 without spending anything out of your pocket.
How To Download Free Games On PS4
You don’t need to be told on this, if you need to download any file online you need internet connection. But for new users they might not already know this. Connecting your PS4 to the internet isn’t a big deal here is how to do that;
- Go to settings on your console, you see settings by selecting the toolbox icon which is at the right top of your home screen.
- Under settings, you now select Network.
- Go to ‘configure internet connection’ and select how you want to connect.
- You have the option to choose between LAN cable or Wifi connection, select the one you have access to, wifi should be your priority if available in your surroundings.
- Whichever you choose you’ll be able to see the names of available networks in your environment and will connect to it in a matter of seconds.
Sometimes it can fail to connect automatically, you need to connect manually by adjusting the settings and here is how to do that;
- Choose Custom and Manual from the menu to add some parameters.
- Add the Ip address for your network.
- Add subnet mask; normally it’s 255.255.255.0, if it’s not working you can get it by running the command “ipconfig / all” on your PC, and then add it to your console.
- Default gateway; this is the ip address of your router, this should also be displayed by running “ipconfig / all” command.
- Secondary DNS; leave this one blank.
- Primary DNS; should also be displayed using the “ipconfig / all” command to get the info.
- After adding all the required info, you should now set up Automatic MTU and select ‘not to use proxy servers’.
- Now you can connect to the available wifi without any problem.
Create PlayStation Network account
Now you need to have PSN account in order to get access the online services. Follow these steps to do that;
- Go to settings menu.
- Choose Account management.
- You’ll see the option Login to PlayStation Network and New user of PlayStation Network.
- Select create account and add all the required details including language, date of birth and country. Also create a nickname you want to be associated with your PSN account.
- After signup, you’ll receive confirmation link in your email and you need to click on it to verify your account, you’ll also be presented to connect your Facebook account or subscribe to the PlayStation Plus membership.
Now you’re ready to start downloading free games from the PSN network, you just need to select the PS4 logo attached with the shopping bag icon from the main menu, you should highlight the free item using the arrow keys or with the left analog controller stick.
Select from the games available for free and you can start downloading them instantly on your console without any problem, just make sure that you have a strong internet connection to make the process fast.
That’s it on how to download free games from the PSN store, we hope you find the article helpful and let us know your thoughts in the comment box below.